Maintenance & Care of Your RoofMay 27, 2016
Advantages of a Multi-Skilled CrewJune 6, 2016
The following are some things to consider when hiring a roofing contractor:
- Look for established, licensed or bonded professionals.
- Obtain several bids for services.
- Ask for and check references that specifically include other commercial buildings in your area.
- Ask to see certificates of insurance. Make sure that coverage for liability and workers’ compensation insurance is current.
- Contact your local Better Business Bureau to check for complaints filed against the inspector.
- Make sure the bid clearly defines the work that will be done, including hauling away of debris and grounds cleanup.
- If your new roof is being installed on an existing building, make sure that the deck is checked out for water soaked or deteriorated material; have damaged material replaced as part of the contract.
- Discuss, verify, and receive in writing the warranty information. Confirm what is and what is not covered. Keep copies of all warranties and a record of work performed to assist in future inspections, maintenance, and repairs.